Sign in to follow this  
Chaotixblade

Black Ops Map Packs

Hey Community,

I would just like to open up with a god bless directed towards NTAuthority, thanks for being the leader in this march toward alternative servers, (rather than steams).

I have legitamately purchased MW2, MW3, from steam. If you private message me, Ill gladly link to my steam community page, simply because I don't want to sand blast it to anyone viewing these forums, including outsiders.

My question being, if you look at MW3 you have the Store* option, in which you can torrent the map packs, which obviously is allowing people to download map packs, they DO NOT own.

My question, is that I did not purchase the MW3 map packs, but have downloaded them, so in summation I would like to ask if you will also implement that policy in Black Ops.

(Being, I think that it will be a popularity booster, as In why would I play on an alternative server base, if I am not going to get any new content) (Meaning that, dirty scumbag pirates, will be the majority of your fan base.) Versus, I, who legit purchased the game, but I simply do not want to encourage the developers to charge more for maps that were developed during the games development (redundant I know) thus should be released with the game for free. Not to be sold as "extra content".

So bottom line, with your FOURDELTAONE client, include the black ops map packs?

(I did end up buying rezzurection, but thats just because I didn't like the MP maps alot, and that pack had the most zombies, so in that sense, I am sorta a hypocrite.)

-Chaotixblade

Godbless

I know,

I just am met with alot of, I am not sure what the word is, but strife, and friction when discussing the topic.

So I simply wanted to make clear, that I oppose piracy, I just wanted to know, with out blatantly asking, "Can you please give me the maps for free."

In which case, I surely would be met with a, "Fourdeltaone does not encourage such behavior." To save their butts.

There will probably not be a link to the DLC at first (maybe not ever), but either way it's not hard to find if you use Google. The client isn't even released yet so just wait and see. ;)

(One thing also, (not bumping, look at the time between my posts, there would be no point)

My point was you would have more people joining.

E.G.

users active on 4d1 2000

(NOT REAL NUMBERS)

Users interested in black ops.

(Pirates) 500

(Owners) 250

The pirates, would sure be interested, "Hey free servers."

On the other hand the owners, what would they have interest in, if there wasn't new content. (As in they dont own the map packs). Because if there weren't any, unless they were vac banned or some shert. There would be no inventive to join in.

"Fourdeltaone does not encourage such behavior."

You said it yourself. Maybe pirated map packs will work, maybe they won't. We have to say the quote above to keep atvi happy.

On the other hand the owners, what would they have interest in,

Note the description of this forum, "Custom maps* and servers for T5. "

On the other hand the owners, what would they have interest in,

Note the description of this forum, "Custom maps* and servers for T5. "

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I didn't notice.

And yes thats great, I love how they implemented NUKETOWN into MW3, that is insane how much detail they crammed in, so awesome.

And yes thats great, I love how they implemented NUKETOWN into IW5, that is insane how much detail they crammed in, so awesome.

I think you mean IW4.

Well I am sure that NTA will create a Storebutton. Maybe like in IW5 with all DLCs or like in IW4 with custommaps

And yes thats great, I love how they implemented NUKETOWN into IW4, that is insane how much detail they crammed in, so awesome.
Sorry that was bugging me.

Ahh god damn. You fucking ninja Magic. :lol:

Surely like poster above states we will have to wait and see what's going to happen in the future. In the process of waiting for IW5, they provided us with DLC content beforehand (in a subtle manner, from what I remember) I wouldn't see why they wouldn't do it again. After all this time NTA is prepared for anything that comes by, so Steam checks (cough cough - yes note the cough) always do make ATVI happy. Plus if we note IW4M, since a non-legit client can be used (and in no way is that 4D1's fault) I don't think NTA would implement a system to check if we are using legit clients/DLC content.

Summary: I would say DLC will be free.

Surely like poster above states we will have to wait and see what's going to happen in the future. In the process of waiting for IW5, they provided us with DLC content beforehand (in a subtle manner, from what I remember) I wouldn't see why they wouldn't do it again. After all this time NTA is prepared for anything that comes by, so Steam checks (cough cough - yes note the cough) always do make ATVI happy. Plus if we note IW4M, since a non-legit client can be used (and in no way is that 4D1's fault) I don't think NTA would implement a system to check if we are using legit clients/DLC content.

I didn't understand shit.

You can play with a "non-legit client" too, on IW5M. Why NTA wouldn't put a Steam check ?

Also, if DLCs are supported, they'll not be free. You'll have to acquire them the way you want, without our help.

There is no way to check if someone has bought the DLCs on Steam; or so I heard from NTA. And I think we will likely support them, but people will have to get them by themselfes. And I already asked NTA over IRc if he's planning on doing an iw5m-like Steam check, didn't get any clear answer though. Don't worry though, we won't make things hard for you guys, plus you always have the tech. support team for your questions.

I didn't understand shit.

You can play with a "non-legit client" too, on IW5M. Why NTA wouldn't put a Steam check ?

Also, if DLCs are supported, they'll not be free. You'll have to acquire them the way you want, without our help.

Mostly Clans will offer DLC's anyway with normal Downloads. Still the store is easier.

Yeah,

I mean your DLC are in the subcategory of the game information on steam.

THEY DO NOT, appear in the "games" list.

I would though like the way TEKNOGODS, checks if your game is legitimate.

I would ONLY like this, for two reasons.

The makers of AlterIW went to prison, copy right infringement. That would protect NTA, not only that, but it'd keep the scum out. And besides, if a person didn't buy the game, what reason do that have NOT to hack, they've nothing to lose. This would surely decrease the hackers.

Although,

Surely this would hurt the overall population of the servers...

Which in turn, makes the previous statements void.

What have you been smoking ? If any of the aIW 'founders' went to jail, NTA wouldn't be here tight now, but he would be in jail, or they have nice PCs in jail, seeing MD, Jerbob, NTA, NoFaTe, and such are still active ;p

First of all,

I have been of an utmost calm attitude,

Why the, "What have you been smoking?", comment.

I was under the impression that the reason AlterIW went offline was because of the fact that they got sued.

Had you not been a moderator, I may be asking you, "Why are you butt hurt, are you using illegally accessed games?"

But due to the fact that you are a global moderator, I will exude some respect.

I was under the impression that the reason AlterIW went offline was because of the fact that they got sued.

Its not a fact, it never happened. Where did you hear about all of this? aRev?

I said 'what have you been smoking' since you don't know what went down at aIW, they got a C&D (cease and desist) letter, they never went to court/got sued/went to jail...

And, no, I rarely play games here, plus I bought all of them legitimate, so.

I used to log onto ATERIW servers a long time ago, back in MW2 days.

I knew the name "AlterIW" went offline, I was not aware they had re emerged into the alternate steam server community.

Since the previous comment I see they are now going by "Alternate Revolution", I just had heard circa 2009-2010 that they had gone offline, and that their founder was in DEEEEP legal trouble.

(This was a year before the big SOPA scare, but those sorts of threats dealing with legalities online were beginning to appear everywhere, more and more ubiquitous by the day.)

I.E. Mega-Upload-video-download-etc.