Sign in to follow this  
gamiie

Tech Support

Welcome, new Tech Support member!

This topic will, in short, lay down some ground rules for staff members, and in particular TecSup members. It will also explain what your duties are. Please read the whole thing, and ask any questions you have below. Good luck!

First of all, you now represent FourDeltaOne in general, and so you should behave. Even though it may sound strange, from the moment your name turned into another color, users see you as superior, omnipotent, almighty even. Please try to behave as this perfect being as much as you can, as the users' loyalty to this project depends on it greatly. Also, whatever you do, do not abuse your position and/or powers that come with the position.

With that bit of abstractness in mind, let us move on to some concrete rules. Note that these do not cover everything, hence you should keep the previous paragraph in mind.

• Be mature. This is probably the one that is most important, coincidentally the one that goes wrong most often. You will encounter users that you do not like, or that do not like you. Try to be the better person, and deal with them in a fashionable matter. Unless it is koop or chottan, fuck them
  • Show respect. This applies to multiple things. First of all, you should respect everyone on this forum (Unless it is koop or chottan, fuck them). You should also know who you are talking to; there are a lot of valued members in this community, who have great respect from the userbase, and who deserve to be treated as such. You will get to know who these people are by being active on the forum and IRC. Finally, respect your seniors; while this may sound very authoritative, it is never smart to disrespect the person who hired you, just like in real life.
  • You do this work voluntarily. Although I thought this would speak for itself, it turned out it does not. You do this work for free, and will not request/accept payments from anyone for the work that you do here. Not from FourDeltaOne as such, but also not from any members.
  • Have fun. Although all the above makes it all sound very serious, this is something you do in your free time, because you like doing it. Therefore, it should not control your life, and you need to be able to put everything that happens in here into perspective. Don't let stuff that happens here influence your daily life. Even though these rules make it seem like you can only do work in here, you are still free to have fun on these forums, just as long as it is fun for everyone!

Below are your duties as a member of Tech Support;

• Be helpful. This should go without words, but still. You are supposed to help anyone, and that does not include calling them "fucking morons", even when they are. If, for example, their question was already asked and solved, direct them to the appropriate thread.
  • Be up to date. This means that you should be aware of any new issues that may have arised that were unknown to you. Do this by reading as much topics in IW4M (and later on, IW5M and GBH2) as you can, even if they have been solved. The other part of this, is that you include any new and solved issues in the common fixes thread, so that people can easily access the solution, without using phpbb's messy search.php
  • Be professional. As I mentioned before, users will see you as perfect beings of pure knowledge. Try to keep it that way. Please do not post your own issues in public forums, instead discuss it with your fellow tech support members in the IRC -staff channel.
  • Be organised. Warned a user? Edit his topic. Think a topic is in the wrong forum? Move it. Think a topic is unacceptable? Trash it (don't delete it). Etc. etc.

Then finally a bit on IRC. Please be (a bit) active on IRC as well, as it is the easiest way of communicating. If you do not know how to use IRC, please read the announcement, Silverfin has a good guide in there. Even better would be to obtain a BNC, you can visit #rizonbnc for that.

Thanks you for reading all this, now, go have fun as our newest member of Tech Support!

Good Luck!

Will be updated in the future, please check back regularly.

Just curious, am i suppose to have special permissions or is that just on my stickied thread? It saus Quick mod tools...

Yes, that's permissions you have when you have moderation permissisions in that forum.

Ah, okay I understand now! And read all the threads.. man this is fun :) all the secret stuffz are awesome.

wow, wtf were you doing at interlabs all day then? Nothing?

afaik you have full moderation permissions on 'Projects'

I gave them full moderation access in projects, and for the administration parent forum.

Ah, okay I understand now! And read all the threads.. man this is fun :) all the secret stuffz are awesome.

Too busy being !, no wonder why.

... I'm trying to have a life and doing these things at once.. I have finals in 3 days as well..

... I'm trying to have a life and doing these things at once.. I have finals in 3 days as well..

Lol, I moderate at 2 communities and administrate 1. And still I do have enough time for other stuff :P

Lol, I moderate at 2 communities and administrate 1. And still I do have enough time for other stuff :P

I have 3 communities and 2 administrations.. I have finals in 3 days! I'm trying to study.. but keep getting messages on steam, xfire, and xchat asking for help.

So the question I think we all are asking; any manual bansys? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Meh, forgot it's all forum-linked nowdays.

There's can_play in UCP, but I doubt it works. Also, we still have aCI!

It does work :)

Just a little add for the BNC part, I have 6 connections free on my server (10 total, thanks rizonopers :P) so if you want some fancy plugins or have had problems with rizonbnc, just contact me. (Server located in France)

Then why can I set it in UCP if I'm a registered user? .-.

Then why can I set it in UCP if I'm a registered user? .-.

Don't believe non-staff have that ability.

It's already been brought up before, but we desperately need a 'support' sub-forum for at least iw4m. The main project page just gets flooded with so many computer 'noobs' asking help for things they could fix in two seconds just by reading. It would be nice to have all those kinds of things in a sub forum and leave more interesting topics in the main project forums. Just my 2 cents.